Monday, March 22, 2010

Living with TB 5: A Revelation


My illness has forced me to take the much needed rest for both my body and soul.

For a start, I have learnt to take things one step at a time.

I have also been given the time needed to understand myself a little better.

More importantly, to accept the fact that I can only do my best and the rest will take its course.

By admitting to myself I can't control everything in life and plan everything to the exact decimal point is not a sign of weakness, but merely accepting the truth!

I believe there is a God. At the same time, I respect all religions.

I have come to understand conversation with God is not a one way street.

It is not about what I want out of life.

But more so, how to search from my inner self for true goals and objectives in life and seek guidance to take the path to achieve true self fulfillment and enlightenment.

This is truly a life changing experience for me.

I am learning to submit myself and have faith in God.

This post is not about a specific God or religion. It is about having faith and believe in there is greater power at work to help us achieve our goals in life.

I want to be able to relate to people, use what I know to enrich other people's life.

I believe in growing old gracefully and I would like to play a part in helping people to reach that goal in ways that I have come to understand and good at.

I would very much like to have a balanced life. A life that I can give equally to myself, my family and loved ones.

I want to be healthy again. Triumphed over gout and diabetes.

I want to be able to lead an active lifestyle.

I want to spend quality time both in Penang and Kuala Lumpur.

Most important of all, I want to have fun doing it just so success in life is an unforgettable experience!

I look forward to sharing the ride of my life here with you.

Thank you.




5 comments:

  1. first time here! thanks for sharing your experience as a tb patient. get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly, thanks for leaving your footprint here :)
    I just hope that people can relate to my experience.
    Thanks again for visiting my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very revealing and humbling. Wish you all the very best and please do do get well soon! :-) Eddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelvin,

    You are doing great! Keep it up and having faith in God is good!
    Enjoy your next coming trip and hope I can catch up with you while you are in Penang. Keep in touch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much Eddy. Get well I will ;)

    JenC, look forward to meeting you in Penang :)

    ReplyDelete