Thursday, September 30, 2010

You're Not The Only One!


Do you measure success by comparing against your friends?

Bigger cars, better house, fancier job title, nicer expense account, traveled to more cities and countries than you can ever remember?

Or do you think you are great just because you are special?

When you are unwell, ill, down and out in life, do you think you are the worst?

Do you expect the GOD you believe in to come to you just because you needed HIM?

I am guilty in some (perhaps most of the above)!

So what if I could afford to own many sports cars? Lead a high flying life? Spend money like there's no tomorrow? Own every gadgets I ever like?

When my soul is empty, material things are a temporary measures.

What is so special about my illness? The pain I endured and the side effects I am still going through every single day?

What's the big deal that I still can't play the tennis I enjoy?

I should be grateful I am given a second chance to re-look at my life, a chance to re-examine the true importance of my existence.

I should be thankful every single morning I can still wake up, thus giving me the opportunities to at least attempt to right the wrongs!

You are an inspiration, Agatha.

I am grateful we managed to re-connect and I appreciate you sharing your life experience with me.

You are still the Hwoi Ying I know of ever since I could remember!



4 comments:

  1. It is true life challenges us and tells us to take a step back to embrace what we have around us. Love yourself and people around us not forgetting welcoming new found friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Bubblie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy: Well said! Thanks for being my fren too! :-)

    Uncle Botak: Everything happens for a reason - like the title of your blog. We just got to be grateful for who we are and what we are as of today. Each of our journey happens for a purpose. Always remember, My Father in Heaven never puts us thru something that we can't handle. Always have faith in Him and we are never alone in this journey. We are friends now for a good n happy reasons too! No matte what.... You are neve alone in this journey! I am here for you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks JenC!
    I need to learn to appreciate what I have and be grateful for my second chance.
    Looking back with fond memories (which I just started to truly understand the meaning), whilst looking forward to the excitement future can bring!
    Thanks for being a friend since I started getting into social media ;)

    ReplyDelete