Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good Night Sayang, One Last Time.




You came into my life when I started my career alone in KL.

You greeted me outside the gate every evening without failed.

In time, you jumped into my car when I opened the car door; when I was supposed to get out of the car to open the gate.

You soon became part of my life.

Through thick and thin, you stuck by me.

You enjoyed my success together with me and you stayed with me when times were bad.

From a playful and at times, impossible one year old, you have grown to be an adorable, loyal, sweet and beautiful adult dog.

You grew old gracefully and continued to be there everyday.

Greeting me when I left the house and waiting patiently for me to come home.

You used to be able to squeeze through the gate to go for your walk about but always came back just in time to see me getting out of the house to go to work.

When I reached home, you would be there waiting!

The few times I caught you coming home after I was at home, I discovered that you could be shy and tried to hide your embarrassment by burying your face on my lap!

I loved it when you did that!

You used to follow next to the car until I reached the main junction around the corner every time I left the house.

You grew a little wider over the years. I had to saw one of the bars from the gate just so you could get out to do your daily walk about.

When Pam came into my life, you accepted her and became a great companion to us.

The last few years, my health deteriorated and I didn't get the chance to spend much time with you everyday.

But whenever I got the chance to go out, you would be waiting for me at the front door and when I came back, you were always waiting by the gate patiently for me to let you out for your walk about.

It took you some time to get used to staying at home without being able to go out through the gate after your visit to the hospital 2 years back, when we decided to let you spent more time at home.

You adjusted well my love.

Looking back, I'm so glad we did the renovation. You got the chance to stay at the front of house instead of being alone at the back.

You seemed happier as you continued to go out for your walk. Even though it's only twice a day instead of as you liked.

You were less alert as compared to before, but I was happy for you as I felt you should be enjoying your old age, rest more and slept more.

You left us on Easter Monday, April 26 without saying goodbye.

But from your sleeping position, I believed you passed on in your sleep.

I thank God that you didn't suffer and passed away peacefully.

Girl, just over the weekend I have embarked on the next phase of my life. I thought you were going to give me at least the next few years to move us all into a bigger house with more space for you to run around.

I'm sorry it took me too long.

Thank you for coming into my life.

Thank you for being my only companion for many years until Pam came into both our lives.

Thank you for the memories. 14 years of great friendship and companionship.

I'm glad I told you I love you just few days back.

Thank you Girl.

Dear Heavenly Father, Girl is with you now. Please bless her soul and thank you for letting her passed away in her sleep without suffer.




Good night sayang, one last time.




- Posted using BlogPress via my iPhone 3G S


7 comments:

  1. RIP My friend. Don;t be so sad. Everything come must go . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Hugs...sniff sniff. All dogs goes to heaven, they are forever here in our heart and we love them always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Diary:
    Yeah, it's part and parcel of life.
    But not easy to let go...

    Bubble Green Tammy:
    Thanks.
    Here is wishing she is in a place with eternal happiness, as well as being a great companion to my grandma.

    Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* to your and pam. girl is now relieved of her pain and discomfort and having the time of her life runnning, playing and eating to her hearts content.

    you'll be united when it is time. for now, she will be keep your grandma company.

    bravo that you gave her the best you could in 14 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks missy.
    I still have difficulties accepting the fact.
    I was hoping somehow she would be waiting for me when I came back earlier.
    It's so different without her.
    Spent my late afternoon and early evening moving plants, cleaning, readjusting the outside fixtures just to get my mind off her.
    Not working...

    ReplyDelete
  6. UncleBotak...I just saw your post on Girl. I know how it feel to lose a faithful companion - our family just lost Mabel last Friday. I never tweet or blog about it as it is way too painful to pen some words about her. She has been part of the family for the last 18 years. It feels like a part of me died on Friday.

    I still cannot believe she is gone - without me getting to see her one last time. I still can't bring myself to blog about it... its just too painful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi meiling,

    I have had many dogs taken away from me ever since I could remember.

    It sucks!

    I promised myself no more dog when I first came to KL. But Girl came to me...

    I just have to learn to deal with the heartache and sorrow. No regrets having a special companion as her!

    ReplyDelete