Monday, March 22, 2010

Living with TB 6: The Final Chapter


Wednesday March 24, 2010. A day to celebrate.

My X-Ray and blood test shown I am totally clear of TB!

From taking 5 different types of medicine with a total of 12 pills daily, I now will be taking 3 types twice a week. The antibiotic that caused my gout attack is no longer needed.

Even though I will be taking 3 types of medicine, the total now is 13 pills!

This is absolutely fine as I am clean!!!

Gout will be a thing of the past soon. I look forward to being able to run and play tennis in the very near future!

I might even take up a new routine, yoga!

I have put on weight, I am back to my normal weight. Which is actually a bit on the heavy side. Have to work on this part so I can be healthy whilst loosing weight!

I lost about 8kg in less than 2 weeks, from approximately 80kg to 72kg. I remember looking at myself and said to myself, "Cool, my stomach is totally flat! Just like when I was at my fittest many, many years ago!".

Unfortunately, I also lost the little bit of muscle mass I have!

My waist went down from 33" to 30". Now it's back to 33".

I would be more than happy if I could get it down to 32"!

Now that I am at 79kg, I better start building back the muscle mass I lost just so I don't resemble a frog:

Big head, no neck, round stomach and skinny legs!

The future is fill with opportunities, hopes and dreams!

I thank God for allowing me to see things differently and how precious life is.





Life is great!


2 comments:

  1. Hello my friend! I am so very happy for you! You made it through the tunnel and the sun is shining! Am so glad that horrible gout is behind you. You are now free to run wherever life brings you. Just remember to have your pants on securely so it doesn't fall in the process.
    God bless you bro!

    ReplyDelete