Thursday, April 1, 2010

Leaving Hong Kong


Recently made a trip to Hong Kong to close the chapter there.

Since February 2009 I have been traveling in and out of Hong Kong due to work.

At first, I stayed in the newly opened hotel called Butterfly on Prat.


The name is a little er... off. To say the least.

You wouldn't want to be called a prat in UK!

However, the hotel is situated in a street named Prat, I guess it makes certain sense!

It's those boutique style hotel, cozy, modern and the kind of
modern simplicity design I personally like.



Prat Street is smacked in the middle of TST (Tsim Sha Tsui). A stone throw away from TST MTR station.

Great way for me to know the area!

Office is situated in the middle of Nathan Road, Mong Kok.


The night office renovation work completed


View of Nathan Road from office


The regional team (Malaysia, Australia, China)


Mr CEO


The first 4 retail team members


First burst of marketing communication campaign (the one in the middle)


A short walk would land me in the midst of street market, IT mall and gadget centre where I eventually bought 2 HTC Magic the day it was launched, I also bought 2 HTC Touch 3G, 2 HTC Touch Cruise, a HTC Touch and 2 iPhone 3G.


My first Andriod phone


My favourite drink


Cafe de Coral (they have just rebranded it CdC)


Chianie, a friend I hang out with, she's been very helpful


I moved to Harbourview Horizon, a serviced apartment in Hung Hom overlooking Hong Kong Harbour when I have to spend more and more time in Hong Kong.


Minimalist and contemporary


Muted tones


Dark wood in bedroom


My collection of HTCs


View from living room (I need binoculars during summer :@)


Another view from living room (Hong Kong Harbour)


View of Hong Kong Harbour at night


Tsim Sha Tsui at night


Channel Crossing (traffic on the way back from Hong Kong island)


2 very different environment, one in the heart of Kowloon full of life. The other, a very quiet residential area.

It took me awhile to adjust to the new environment. But I have come to enjoy both for different reasons.

Watching the nightly light show and HK National Day celebration from the living room have been a great experience.

For 9 months, I focused a lot on work and my home in Kuala Lumpur has become secondary to me.

I became so objective driven that even when my home in KL was broken into, I continued to stay in Hong Kong knowing that I couldn't turn back the clock.

I left it to my wife Pam to sort things out. Looking back, I'm an ass!

Came October, I was exhausted, I needed to rest, to look after my health and to re-examine my life and purpose of life.

Ever since I left my high flying corporate life, I have wanted to lead a more balanced life. I still haven't found what I am looking for.

With my new found purpose, I am taking my first step into the unknown.

Interesting and intriguing. At the same time, I am a little uncertain and nervous.

I thank God for inspiring me to look at things differently.

I am now counting on the continual support and guidance from God to lead me through this new path which I know will be a great and meaningful path in life's lesson.




3 comments:

  1. It's really nice as you put a lot of effort on the pictures and the entire story too. Thanks for sharing and you are very organized!! :P
    I wish you all the best in present and near future. The door of opportunity will open for you when the timing is right.
    God bless you and your family always! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being ah-just-so-nice to me!
    Most people would have called me ANAL! Ha ha.
    Thanks for your well wishes.
    I sincerely hope the timing will be right soon, just so I can embark on the work that not only I enjoy doing, but can help others to have better, healthier life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be so hush on yourself. Everything has it own timing and continue to have good faith! :D

    ReplyDelete