Monday, June 28, 2010

What If...

I have mentioned about how important health is in my previous posts.

Even though health is what's important to me, but I guess deep down I am still unsure of the importance despite the fact I said it is.

I believe I have just found the true importance of health moments ago.

I've been having a very bad gout attack the last 3 days.

This time, I had it on my right knee. The one I heavily bruised and hospitalized for 21 days almost 12 years ago.

This time the attack is bad. My knee swells up like a small melon.

I freaked out when I first saw it as the swelling is unusual (reminded me of the incident 12 years ago) except this time no injury!

But other then the initial shock, I have no time to be worried as the throbbing pain was so bad I either couldn't sleep or I woke up due to the excrutiating pain.

Every waking moment was a struggle trying not to think about the pain!

It got better late this morning, after several doses of colchicine, diclofenac, topical and oral esterified fatty acid (EFA) since last night.

I still couldn't straighten my leg but the pain is bearable. I can't walk normal as one leg is now shorter than the other.

As I was limping in pain out of the bedroom, I could see things clearly!

I started asking myself these questions:

What if the pain is gone but I no longer be able to walk normal as my leg couldn't straighten?

What if I continue to have gout attack as bad as this and I can't walk half the time?

These lead me to the brutal truth that:

I will no longer be able to walk hand in hand with my wife.

I will not be able to lead an active life.

I will not be able to drive the sportscars I plan to get myself over the next few years.

I will not be able to drive!

I will not be able to carry out daily chores and activities!

I am thankful I get to finally see things clearly!

I want my health back and I will pray for a healthy body before other things.

I thank God for showing me the true meaning of a healthy life.



Normal left knee


Swollen right knee



- Posted using BlogPress via my iPhone 3G S

3 comments:

  1. OOouuuccchh...... :(
    Looks like my uncle's knee before he went for OP for it.

    Hope you dont have to go for OP and speedy recovery to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the brightside and be positive.
    Your body is a good healer when you have faith on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. better take more concern on ur health! :D so far never heard gout attack from dad yet, hope wont be. :) cz last time my unc was so in pain n suffer from that too.

    ReplyDelete